Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

My baby is crawling!

Ok, so I know that doesn't sound like a huge accomplishment or anything but it is to my little family. Ari has been struggling with tummy time in general since we first tried putting her on her tummy around month one. Ari has really bad reflux and torticollis. We have been going to physical therapy once a week/once every two weeks since she was two months old. Well, she is now 9 months old and CRAWLING! I actually cried the first time she made it 2 "steps" across the floor. It was like the part of me that never thought she would ever do it became completely overwhelmed with pride and excitement at the site. Through all of the tears, spit up, fits and "you can do it" cheers, she finally got moving. The craziest thing is that she didn't seem all that excited at her accomplishment. I was tear-soaked and cheering YAY! while she just sat up and chewed on her hand like nothing had just happened. I do notice those evil torticollis signs whenever she gets tired but I am hoping that as we continue our strength training exercises, those will eventually fade away. I am just so grateful that I was a witness to such a tiny/enormous miracle. My baby is mobile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment