Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Talk already!

Since I have not blogged in so long I am not going to try walking you through the last 6 months but I am just going to start with the present and fill in as needed. Ari is running and climbing now and I don't have enough hands or energy to keep up with her at times. She is also teething and has like 6 teeth coming in at the same time! I have been struggling with my mommy guilt lately for many reasons but mainly because Ari isn't really talking yet.  Actually she isn't talking at all! I feel like such a failure. What am I doing wrong? What am I not doing? I talk to her A LOT, we read, she points, I sing, she yells and babbles, I ask questions, she grunts and points...etc. I know that one mistake I was making was giving her what she needed/wanted without her asking only because I knew sometimes before she did what she wanted/needed. Now I offer options and repeat them a thousand times trying to get her to verbalize her choice. Well, that pretty much ends in a whining, face grabbing tantrum (by both of us) so I just cave and give her what I know she wants. Am I supposed to let her starve because she won't choose what she wants to eat or thirst because she won't choose water or milk!!??

Anywho, Ari is up from her nap so off I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment