Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Toddler Eating Habits

So my daughter has decided, and so far she has been correct, that she can survive on the following:

goldfish
bread
veggie pasta
tomatoes
string cheese
strawberries
bananas
grapes
milk
water
a multivitamin

That's about it...that's what she eats on a daily basis along with random bites of maybe a cookie or ice cream or some sort of sweet. Other than that she does not experiment. Everything I cook she spits out of her mouth. Most times she doesn't even try it before she turns it down. The simple fact that it does not look like a goldfish or a string cheese or a piece of bread means NO THANK YOU! I am at my wits end. I do not know what I am supposed to do to please her pallet so that she gets a full range of foods. I feel like a failure of a mother because I cannot get my child to eat normal food. When she was an infant she ate everything; it did not matter what you put in front of her she ate all of it and wanted more. Ever since she started eating solid foods she has limited her options to the list I gave above. I don't know at this point what I'm supposed to do. I am just so extremely frustrated and sad about this issue. Hopefully I'm not alone and someone will pass along some advice my way. I have tried hiding veggies in the pasts and that kind of works, but then she gets tired of it or something and wont eat it anymore. I think I need a recipe for meat and veggie bread. Bread is the only thing I know she will eat no matter what it looks like...she knows its bread : )

Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment