Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What REAL Women Look Like

I found a very interesting site yesterday and I felt I HAD to share. My blog is about what to REALLY expect when you have a kid and this site has the same flavor. It's called My Body Gallery: What REAL Women Look Like. Basically women load pics of themselves (clothed), blur out their faces and enter their "stats" like height, weight, pant size, general shape...etc. It's really cool. I was surprised that when I entered my own stats the pics that came up were not what I expected. The women looked smaller than me. Then when I looked at some that were a few pounds heavier; they looked more like what I thought of myself. CRAZY. The site even references the fact that most women overestimate the size of their hips by 16% and waists 25% yet these same women were able to correctly estimate the width of a box. What is wrong with us ladies??! I recommend that every woman check out this site. It is very educational and worth visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. Its crazy how we view ourselves- and when we have the chance to see that there's many around us who are the same... :D

    ReplyDelete